Cocoa butter, Theobroma oil or jury oil, is an oily liquid that is extracted from cocoa beans, those so well known for being used in the making of chocolate.
This butter is very beneficial and is widely used in cosmetics. It is a product used for skin care, giving it the moisture, it needs daily.
Cocoa butter can be used in natural cosmetics as a skin treatment product, in cases of psoriasis, wrinkles, stretch marks, acne, eczema, burns and scars.
It also serves to nourish the skin and hair properly.
How does cocoa butter benefit me?
Cocoa butter is a great alternative for the care and beauty of the skin, since, by penetrating deep into the various levels of the epidermis, it instantly gives a lot of freshness and shine.
On the other hand, being naturally a lubricant par excellence, cocoa butter prevents ulcers and any type of skin injury.
This butter is very outstanding for its emollient qualities, achieving deep moisturizing in the skin, and restoring its flexibility and natural softness.
Being rich in vitamin E, it stimulates the production of collagen, which gives great vitality and elasticity to the skin. It also gives a lot of vitality to the hair. That is why cocoa butter is used in many cosmetic skin care products.
Whether you use cocoa butter as a pure lotion or made with other ingredients, it will give you excellent benefits, just as you would expect.
How is cocoa butter obtained?
Cocoa butter is obtained by supercritical and conventional extraction of cocoa beans (Theobroma cacao). Solvents such as ethanol, water, and cyclohexane are used for conventional extraction. In the case of supercritical extraction, the seeds are immersed in ethanol, with temperature variation.
Basic composition of cocoa butter
Cocoa butter is composed of a large number of triglycerides (saturated, mono-unsaturated and polyunsaturated), and saturated and unsaturated fatty acids.
Highlights of cocoa butter
Cocoa butter has a set of characteristics, among which we can highlight the following.
- It is a vegetable fat.
- It has a pleasant aroma.
- It is yellowish in color.
- It has a thick consistency and smooth texture.
- It has a long storage life.
- It is used for cosmetic and food purposes.
- It is an excellent moisturizer (very lubricating substance).
- Reduces scars.
- It is antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.
Beneficial properties of cocoa butter
Observe all the beneficial properties that cocoa butter possesses.
Read More: The nourishment data on food marks
Cocoa butter has anti-inflammatory properties, with which it is possible to treat dry and damaged skin, psoriasis and eczema.
Cocoa butter is fabulous for beauty and skin and hair care. It is very lubricating, which generates great hydration and moisture in the skin.
It is a widely used ingredient in cosmetics, especially for the manufacture of body oils and creams, lipsticks, sunscreens, shampoos and soaps. Perfect for irritated or dry skin.
Cocoa butter has antioxidant properties that prevent rancidity.
It is widely used in the manufacture of various foods, helping to improve their flavor and texture.
Cosmetic benefits of cocoa butter
Observe all the benefits for you that cocoa butter has.
- Control acne and skin marks left by this problem.
- Gives a healthy look to the skin.
- Visibly reduces scar marks.
- It keeps the skin very soft and moisturized.
- Helps to progressively eliminate stretch marks.
- Provides a lot of hydrations to the skin.
- Gives correct vitality and elasticity to the skin (thanks to the production of collagen).
- Properly cleanses and exfoliates the skin.
- It is a natural antioxidant; it helps to completely eliminate dead cells.
- Provides the hydration that the skin needs to always stay healthy.
- It will give your skin the best look possible.
- It manages to prevent premature aging of the skin.
- It is helpful in repairing cells.
- Avoid skin irritation.
- Cures psoriasis and eczema.
- It gives a lot of shine and softness to the hair.
Other benefits of cocoa butter
Due to its smooth texture, cocoa butter is used as an ingredient in the manufacture of many foods, including the beloved chocolate.
Due to its antioxidant properties that prevent rancidity, cocoa butter can be stored for many years.
Cocoa butter is also beneficial for people’s health, since it can protect the skin and lips from excessive sun rays.
Types of products and foods made with cocoa butter
Learn about the various types of products and foods made with cocoa butter. Here we name them.
- Body creams
- body oils
- suntan lotions
- Other beauty and personal care cosmetics
- confectionery with chocolate
- sweets and desserts
- Dairy and processed products
- Ice creams
- some main dishes
- Cocoa butter for hair. Moisturizes the hair naturally and keeping it very healthy. It leaves it very shiny and always hydrated when applied directly to the hair.
- Cocoa butter for the face. Moisturizes the skin, prevents aging and irritation. It is also a sunscreen par excellence, and helps maintain the skin’s natural elasticity.
- Cocoa butter for the body. It eliminates scars and stretch marks, helps prevent skin diseases and always keeps it hydrated and very soft.
All these products and foods with cocoa butter have various beneficial properties for you.
How to apply cocoa butter on the skin
Cocoa butter can be applied to almost all skin types (except oily skin) and hair as well. The use of cosmetic products made for this purpose is recommended. Each one has its own characteristics and indications.
Cocoa butter is also recommended by some doctors, to apply to the skin after surgery or to minor scars and burns.
Being very moisturizing, it is ideal for applying it to the skin of the face and body. It will give great suppleness, softness, and shine throughout the entire skin. A skin massage with cocoa butter manages to motivate the immune system, so it calms stress and fatigue.
Importance of cocoa butter in people
Cocoa butter is very important for people, since it is excellent for the care of our skin and hair. Make great profits every day.
It is a natural skin care and beauty product, perfect to always have on hand at home. Cocoa butter is a very efficient moisturizing cream, with outstanding characteristics that provide great benefits for the skin.
Provides great moisture and smoothness to the skin, also helping to reduce stretch marks, scars and acne. It also reduces premature aging and is cell repairing.
For well-nourished and healthy-looking skin and hair, you should use a product that contains cocoa butter, you won’t regret it.
In relation to its importance for people’s health, it has been used for many years to protect the skin from excessive sun and wind.
Recommendations for storing cocoa butter
Due to its high content of natural antioxidants, cocoa butter can be stored for several years (more than 2 years). But for that, it must be kept in a very dark place, away from direct sunlight, to prevent its decomposition into small crystals.
As for moisturizing and moisturizing products with cocoa butter (such as creams, lotions and shampoo, for example), the storage style is explained in the instructions on the package.